Employment Type: Permanent / Hourly
Start Date: Immediately
This is an exciting opportunity to join our lively team at Park Chinois in the heart of London’s Mayfair.
Come and join the family!
You’re someone who is passionate about wines and passionate about people. You thrive in a place where you feel like you’re part of a family and can grow your career.
Park Chinois loves a good attitude. Your character and approach will be just as important as your skills and experience.
- Uphold a welcoming persona and commendable approach at all times.
- Present the wine list at the appropriate time, and use suggestive selling to upsell.
- Maintain composure under pressure, and ensure a great attention to detail at all times.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with a professional attitude and great interpersonal skills. Will actively assist their team in their everyday tasks.
- Take charge of the section and ensure service equipment and wine lists are readily available at all times.
- Ensure wine stock and inventory of wines and glassware are carefully monitored at all times.
- Follow daily and weekly cleaning duties/schedules and demonstrate a “clean as you go” policy at all times.
- Offer excellent wine service skills (service, knowledge, decanting, suggestive selling/recommending, food and wine pairing etc.)
- Put the guest at the heart of everything you do, offering prompt, efficient & well-timed service.
- Always practice clean and safe working habits, and display a positive attitude towards all guests and colleagues.
- Must possess strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and a personable demeanour.
- Personal skills: Multitasking, attention to detail, organisation, strong observational skills and smooth conflict resolution.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a 5 star establishment or equivalent.
- Minimum WSET Level 2 qualification or equivalent.
- Very good knowledge of Old and New World wines, of which you pride yourself in. A great understanding of guests’ requirements and the ability to make appropriate wine suggestions.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity for personal training and development
- Food and beverage discount across the group
- Pension scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Career progression
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
OTHER POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
Email [email protected] along with
1. Your CV and cover letter
2. The role you are applying for